The fourth annual summit hosted by Branchfood takes place on 4 and 6 May
Branchfood, the foodtech start-up hub and business accelerator of New England in the US, is organising its Food Edge annual summit on 4 and 6 May, this time around it will a virtual event hosted on the Hopin platform.
In its fourth year running, Food Edge is attended by investors, entrepreneurs, and industry professionals to explore the latest opportunities in food innovation and glean insights on how to succeed in the future of food.
Lauren Abda, founder of Food Edge said: “Private investment continues to play a major role in supporting new brands coming to market. Now more than ever, entrepreneurs and emerging businesses need investors with industry knowledge to achieve their long-term goals. Food Edge provides a unique perspective on the industry for the benefit of stakeholders working to support emerging businesses on their path to success.”
Details of the programme
The first day of Food Edge is dedicated to food science and innovation and day two focused on key insights in marketing, sales, branding, and investments. The event organisers has curated a content-packed agenda that will resonate with brands, investors and industry stakeholders.
Panel topics include:
- Cellular agriculture revolutionizing food
- Sustainability and feeding our growing population
- Capitalizing on the alternative protein wave
- Finding white space and success in the plant-based category
- Navigating the new retail landscape
- Brand growth in an omnichannel world
- Consumers growing appetite for shoppable content
- High growth brands defining the future of food
Details of the agenda are available online.
Food Edge 2021 has been designed to highlight the latest innovations influencing the food industry and support connectivity industry wide. Investors will have the opportunity to hear from and connect with emerging companies and, big brands and network with industry leaders and individuals defining the future of the industry, all ultimately helping to identify and secure new and exciting investment opportunities.
Below are some of the confirmed speakers attending Food Edge:
- Chuck Muth, Chief Growth Officer, Beyond Meat
- Laura Merrit, VP Marketing and Innovation, New Venture, & Innovation, KIND
- Matt Riley, VP Sales, Eat Just, Inc.
- Sharyn Murray, Senior Investor Engagement Specialist, The Good Food Institute
- Gil Horsky, Director of Innovation, SnackFutures at Mondelez International
- Patricia Courville, National Director, UNFI UpNext
- Will Lisman, Chief Commercial Officer, HumanCo
- Peter Pappas, Chief Sales Officer, Vital Farms
- Stephen Gaither, Chief Marketing Officer, C.A. Fortune
- Matias Muchnick, CEO + Founder, NotCo
The full speaker list is available online.
Date published: 6 April 2021